Friday, November 8, 2013

Deciding to Leap

Since we've been back, I've felt a vague dissatisfaction that Ken has told me he shares. Rather than feeling excited about returning to my home and things that are luxurious compared to Guatemala, I feel trapped. Everywhere I look, sooo much stuff. And all these extra rooms filled with more stuff.

Don't get me wrong. I love Sacramento, and I love my family and friends here. But I've lived here all my adult life with the exception of my time at UOP, an hour down the road.

While talking about our restlessness, we discussed moving somewhere else in Sacramento, maybe more urban, maybe up the hill? With our business, we don't have to live in the suburbs anymore, we can work from anywhere.

And then the thought came. What if we rented out our home...and didn't move our stuff to another home? What if we got rid of everything that would hold us down and took our show on the road?

A month in Guatemala sounded like such a long time yet on the last day, it didn't feel nearly enough. So here we go...starting this spring, six months to drive through Mexico to live at Pasaj-Cap and drive back. Then...not sure - a couple months in Tahoe, San Francisco, San Diego, or ???

Is this crazy? Maybe, but life is short, why not try it for a couple years?

No comments:

Post a Comment